When you have a praying family/set of friends...

...there isn't anything you can't do !


I went home for the first time since the Fall in late July.  I was very EXCITED to just WHOOSAH and get away from my current situations of life: school, stress, and work! Needless to say, this was a much-needed trip back home!

My days consisted of me helping out at home by running errands and even doing a walk on the treadmill! I actually enjoyed that, although it took some time to get the gusto to do it, lol! I also visited my Dad (whose birthday was the day before I left town) and my younger brother, hung our with friends and saw some other High school friends at a birthday party.  Despite some small issues, I thoroughly enjoyed my time back at home.  

While I was away, I had to take care of some things while I was at home in Houston, TX. Some things were taken care of (i.e. Housing for the Fall semester, grades from Summer school, etc) while some things seemed like it took forever to handle (i.e. Financial Aid).  I ended up taking on the stresses of uncontrollable issues, despite following up on them constantly.  No matter how things ended up, I was able to look to my family and friends for guidance and support (literally!)  The best part of my group of friends: I CAN BE ME WITHOUT ANY JUDGMENT! My closest friends have known me since elementary/middle school and whenever I am in town, we always go to the movies or out to eat.  The Sunday before I left town, I took a picture with my twin brother and two of my closest friends.  We had planned to go to Dave and Busters, but we just ended up talking outside of the restaurant for an hour or so.  Those moments are precious and very important to me and I wouldn't trade it for the world! 

I wrote on Facebook how when you are blessed with quality, loyal friends, you must spend time with them! When I have gone through some things (and when I am still going through some things, frankly) I know I can count on them for inspiration, prayer and wisdom.  I make it a point for us to hang out whenever I am in town because you never know what can happen to them!  These friends/family members are also praying for me to succeed and turn my life around and they know the end of the tunnel is near :) .  As I always say, despite the challenges I have gone through, the lessons and those praying family members/friends are what keep me going.  To my loyal friends and loved ones, thank you for letting me be me! When you have a praying family/set of friends, there isn't anything you can't do! 


(BTW HAPPY 6 YEAR ATLANTA ANNIVERSARY TO ME!) -msvwade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short and Sweet 4.23.12

Being Unemployed: Good or Bad Thing?

Part 2: Baptism Video...and More! 9.30.12