Music Tuesday, Past and Future 8.14.12


Hey everyone!

As most or some of us may know: Elle Varner (real name Gabrielle Varner) released her debut album, Perfectly Imperfect last week.  I am very impressed with this girl!!! She got her start with Wendy Raquel Robinson's Amazing Grace Conservatory Academy in California and from there, has really taken off.  She has such a raw talent and unique voice, which I'm sure is how she stands out vocally.  Her style is also a great statement within itself.  It's great to know that there are still authentic artists wanting to be themselves and not putting out an image that they claim is really them. I love her song, "Refill" and I can't wait to actually buy this CD.  If you have it, leave some comments as to what you like about the album.

Mariah Carey released a new single also last week called "Triumphant" feat. Rick Ross and Meek Mill. It sounds...OK.  I honestly miss the Mariah who sung w/o having rappers/hip-hop artists on her tracks.  It's OK every now and then, but I don't think it should be a constant thing.  Oh well, I guess she will do that when she feels like it.

Lastly, Trey Songz' new CD IIII comes out on this coming Tuesday, the 21st and so far, there are a few songs I enjoy, but I don't plan to buy the whole album.  You can listen to the album for FREE on ITunes the next few days, but act fast; I don't know when the free trial will end.

Tell me your thoughts on ALL of these artists in the comments below!

You can find me here:
Valencia's Twitter
Valencia's new FanPage
Valencia's Mary Kay website (BOGO SALE GOING ON RIGHT NOW!)


Peace and blessings to all and remember: stay positive, progressive and prosperous!!
~VNW~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short and Sweet 4.23.12

March 28th, 2012: Is It Wrong?

Being Unemployed: Good or Bad Thing?