T-3 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Hello to everyone reading this post!

How are you today? Great! I am really enjoying myself today for some reason lol!

IDK why I keep having these long breaks between posts. Oh well...moving on!

A lot has transpired within the past two weeks. I'll keep it short and sweet, lol. I would like to touch on a few things, so here we go!

Caster Semenya

This story makes no sense to me. Caster is the South African female who won her GOLD medal in the Olympics in Berlin about a week or so ago. The doctors in her own country as well as in the US were questioning her gender in regards to their possibly being more male characteristics in her to run as a female. GIVE ME A BREAK!! The only reason y she may have an inkling of male tendencies is because she has muscle. That's due to the workout that she does in training for the Olympics. It's a shame that a Black woman can't even earn a medal (a GOLD on at that, the highest honor) without it being something wrong with her. Today's racism is constantly showing, not it's more evident in sports. If has been a woman of another race...well let's not touch on that.

MUSIC TUESDAY!

Well it has been two wks since my last post, and since then, some very GREAT CDS have been released. These are based on my style and liking to music but I know other genres/artists have new music as well. They are:

Queen Latifah - Persona (her 1st hip-hop album in 10 yrs)

Smokey Robinson - Time Flies when You're Having Fun (this man will be 70 next year!)

Ledesi - Turn It Loose (follow-up to her 2006 CD Lost and Found)

Najee - Mind Over Matter (jazz instrumentalist)

Facts of Life: The Soul Of Bobby Womack - Calvin Richardson (his voice is AMAZING! he is on the Indie road now since his label didn't know how to promote him)

Songs and Stories - George Benson

Blues For You - Jeff Golub (Jazz artist, very mellow too!)

Vanessa Williams - The Real Thing (new single, I believe)

Forever, Michael - MJ

Next Week and in the future:

Next wk:
Trey Songz - Ready (check the album cover, CALIENTE!)

Whitney Houston - I Look To You ( huge comeback album in seven years)

Sept 29Th

Mariah Carey - M.O.A.I.A (Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel)

I like most of these artists so I plan to get most of these. Hope that helps you out.

C-MURDER

Where to start with this one? Some bkgrnd: Well, Corey Miller aka C-Murder was convicted in 2003 of a crime committed in Jan 2002, however, a new trial was requested b/c the criminal backgrounds were withheld on 3 witnesses by prosecutors. In August, the jury deliberated twice since the judge told them the first time to deliberate longer since it was a serious case. They still came up with teh same verdict n on 8/12/09 he was officially convicted of the crime in 2002. His sentencing was 2 days later and he got the life sentence. On this past Tuesday, the jury confessed to being pressured into coming up with the guilty verdict, so it's possible for it to be overturned again.

WHEW! With all that said, I pray the brotha is keeping his faith strong and his mind clear and focused. I wouldn't know what to do if something like this happened to me. FOR REAL. It's so sad how many rap artists have been successful (Pac, DMX, C-Murder) yet their art imitates their lives. Why can't they stay out of jail? What possesses them to keep going down the road of self-destruction? Just my opinion, but I feel it may have something to do with the male figures in their loves, or lack there of.

Well I'm gonna end this post and write another one so this one isn't so long. Thanks for reading and peace and love!

until next post,
~msvwade~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short and Sweet 4.23.12

March 28th, 2012: Is It Wrong?

Being Unemployed: Good or Bad Thing?